Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday = My DAY OFF!

I didnt think this day would have ever COME! I started out with purchasing two $1 lunch deals with livingsocial. I got one for Chix on 11th street off of U street and one at Amsterdam Falafel in Adams Morgan. Would you believe me if I told you I made it to both for lunch...LOL! I was on a mission.

My review of Chix was that it was a really cute spot and I can't believe I had never stopped in to eat there before. They have a $6.50 lunch special for 1/4 chicken and two sides and they offer students a $1 discount. I shall be taking full advantage with my unexpired student id...LOL! So I got the peruvian chicken, brown rice, cheese and noodles, and the green beans, they called it something else but that's what they were.

The best part of the meal was the peruvian chicken that I dipped in their mild sauce. The sauce was HEAVEN! Like wow! The cheese and noodles was greater than I was expecting it to be. The rest on the plate was so-so. I'll have to try another side next time.








The next stop which was like 10 mins from Chix was Amsterdam Falafel in Adams Morgan. There wasn't a long line at all. I went in and waited in line for about 10 mins. I ordered a small fry which they have another name, frieten, and a regular falafel. I put as much as I could on mine. I munched on the fries and didn't touch the falafel until later. I need to finish it tonight! lol.




Next, while walking to get to 16th street, I saw Violet Boutique and I remembered that I posted that shop on my website www.fortheaveragegirl.com. This boutique was so cute! They had different purple hues painted for the walls and one wall was of a purple and black wallpaper. Purple is my favorite color. She told me that purple was the color she painted her apartment once she moved out with her ex-boyfriend. The color represented moving on and to new experiences. =)  Her shop was really cute and the price points weren't bad at all. I was on a shopping diet but I needed a new wallet and there were some earrings that were amazing. I love supporting local businesses.




I love brand packaging! =) And check out my finds!

3 comments:

  1. THANK u! =) They are extremely heavy. I have to wear them in doses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with those earrings.

    ReplyDelete