Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Great Idea...

For those that were a fashion major and took a class with me where I created an idea quite similar (I am slapping myself now by the way). Two chicks created a company called Ginger Root. They took the idea I had just one step further but almost exactly the same....KUDOS TO THEM! is all I can say.

Here is a summary and what they have to offer.

Check out Ginger Root, a new and unique boutique on the U Street corridor. They work with clothing that may be hard to let go, but need an update, by either re-cutting or completely re-imagining the garment. The boutique also features local artists and jewelry designers as well as the shop owners eco-friendly label, ReVamp. Proprietors Kristen and Erin personally work on the items and offer sewing classes around the basics like fixing hems. Hours: Monday, Thursday-Saturday: 12-7 pm, Sunday 1-6 pm.
Ginger Root

1530 U Street
Washington, DC 20009
www.facebook.com/revamprewear

(Info via CityShopGirl)

I think I might re up on some sewing classes because I am extra rusty with the sewing and I have tons of fabric sitting around and it's collecting dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment