Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Weekend Adventures

Ok so I haven't been able to write about my weekends lately, but this past weekend was pretty funfilled sleepless nights due to me working the ENTIRE weekend....UGH! Anyway on Friday I met up with my friend Sade and we got to use my livingsocial deal at The Park and all we owed in the end was $2...major winner! So we drank and ate well...it was fun! We also stayed later to see Ryan Leslie perform. He is an amazing artist...like artistically genius is all I can say about him.






After this we went off to MOOD and while walking there we saw a poetry event going on in this really artsy little spot. It was packed and the poet that was up was phenomenal! He was really good and was really deep. It was wine there which is always great in my book. =) It was art all around us, bodies painted. Just a great atmosphere. We were really glad we stopped. I got to actually meet the body paint artist by the name of BAM...his work is pretty awesome. I look forward to working with him for an upcoming event.

That curl in my face was killing ME! lol



We finally made it to MOOD and it was a cute club. I had never been before this night so I had always wanted to check it out. We stayed here for a little bit and then headed home.

The next day was alllll work and then a model call for an upcoming show on April 30th at Cafe Asia. You all should definitely try to come out! This went well despite how crazy it felt like it was going. Trial and error makes things better in my book. After this I went to see a friend perform and her name is Kamila and she was great! I love her music! The main act was Reesa Renee and the guy behind the music was Tommy that I went to college with and did a lot of the art/music for Couture Productions. I love to see people still doing what they love years later. It's AMAZING!  But back to Reesa Renee, she put on a show!!!!!! I knew most the songs because of the old group they had called Chosen Generation. They rocked! All females were on the mic.

Kamila doing her thing! She rocked!
Reesa Renee on the mic!





To read more about her and her upcoming performances, go to: http://www.reesarenee.com/

The next day after this was Sunday where I worked and went home and worked on my Glamourina article. I was soooooo tired....like you all have NO IDEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment