Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ever Had Anything Named After You?

Well I can finally say that I have had something named after me. There is a designer by the name of Imani that I discovered on twitter almost a year ago, I believe it was, wow how times flies. Her background had this top, to die for. It was so Lady GaGa-ish and I was determined to have it for my birthday. Well anyway, I met up with the designer and she was so cool, like her mom saved my life by offereing baked macaroni and cheese when I went to visit in NY. Anyway this top was not cheap but she definitely hooked a sister up and we have remained cool and in contact ever since.

She mentioned to me months ago that she was going to name a piece in her line after me, but I never got to see the piece until I found out the one of the chics from Floetry is wearing it in her upcoming music video which features Musiq Soulchild. I read the article and saw "Dana Dress" and I was like WHAT?!....my eyes almost popped out of their socket...LOL. I was honored! Seriously!

To read about the dress in the video go here!

4 comments:

  1. Great Designers are inspired by Great Individuals!!! Shall we even talk about the beginning piece for AllanMarco? Right! ImaniLia is a freaking BEAST!!!! Love her and her work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's beautiful! I really admire your for following your dreams Dana. I wish you all the best in your journey! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sooo much Derica. =) And AMEN Marcus! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cool! You're on your way :)

    ReplyDelete