Monday, July 19, 2010

"Excuse me, how many silly bands do you have?"

This is the question that is apparently sweeping the DC area. I was at Target like two weeks ago and a guy came up to a girl and asked her about her silly bands. I guess because I am 24 years old, I am not interested in getting into the foolery...LOL.

I was starting to see these things everywhere, on twitter, on guys and girls wrists. These were apparently starting to cause drama in DC with them being sold out, teachers taking them away from students, kids springing them across the room (lol...that made me laugh), and just so much other random drama.

But all in all, the creators are doing pretty dag on well and plan to expand to Iphone apps and more.

To read more as I got my information from the Washington Post, go to http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/18/AR2010071802974.html?hpid=artslot

2 comments:

  1. I was reading the article on how the teachers and principals and banning them. If it's for safety concerns i totally get it, but they have to let these kids have fun. It's just a fad that may go out of style later. It's good for the kids to have something..

    ReplyDelete