Sunday, June 20, 2010

Friday, My Day Off ADVENTURE!

My job started this whole every other Friday off, paid thing last summer when the recession decided to take over and our paychecks got just a little smaller. Well this summer they gave some of our money back but decided to start the every other Friday again and boy was I excited. This just makes my summer a little more worthwhile. I can use my three day weekends to go on a mini vacation or whatever I feel that I want to do and I LOVE IT!

So my Friday started out with a manicure and pedicure while at first reading my book called D.V. by Diana Vreeland. This book was recommended by someone in the fashion industry and let me tell you....GOOD BOOK SO FAR. But then I looked up from my book and realized the World Cup with USA playing was on so my attention was drawn to that.

After my pampering was done, I headed to Van Ness to go see the Czech Fresh Design exhibit at the Czech Republic Embassy which I never knew where it was and I think my parents, when I was younger, would drive past it all the time.

Well on the start of my adventure this is some of the interesting things that I passed or roads that I had to take to get there:




When I arrived, this is what I saw:

















And so I go back on my merry way.....



The last stop I made was in Georgetown at the new Apple store which is where I snagged a free t-shirt and I got to play around on the iPad which I am not a fan of. It hurt my wrists trying to use that thing. I'll stick with my Macbook and my iPod touch, they make me very very HAPPY! =)

Take a look at the line to get in



No comments:

Post a Comment