Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

I tried not to talk about this today...AT ALL, but it has come down to it.

I remember this day like yesterday, I was in the 10th grade and school had just really gotten started and I was outside for gym (one of my favorite classes by the way) and I had no idea what just happened. The first class of the day was soon over and I was on to my second class where I sat and just heard them call names on the intercom.

I think I get my instinct from my mom because she was suppose to go to work that day (at BlueCrossBlueShield near the warf) but she decided for some reason to stay home. She told me she went in the dining room and turned on the tv to see two planes going into the twin towers. That had to have been one of the most surreal moments of my life. I just couldn't believe it was happening and then the Pentagon which is way! too close to home was even worse.

My mom ended up picking me and my sister up that day while I was in my second class and I promise, people were driving like they have never driven before. No one was cutting anyone off, no one blew their horn at anyone, I guess everyone was in shock and a little scared.

I just know that this day makes me a little sad inside every YEAR. I just know that we as people have been through a lot with the recession, terrorist attacks, and just things we have to deal with in our everyday lives. I am very sorry for those that lost friends and family. We must live their lives through us and live life to the fullest.

I didn't want to get all emotional on here, but today called for it.

-Franky J

No comments:

Post a Comment